The deceased has been identified as Chyna Roberts.
It was said that the toddler managed to make her way to an inflatable pool in the yard of her Roxborough home on Sunday afternoon.
While relatives rushed over on seeing the child near the pool edge, unfortunately, Chyna swallowed some water before their arrival.
The emergency health services were notified and the two-year-old was rushed to the Scarborough General Hospital.
Unfortunately, she died while at the medical institution.
Relatives are expected to be questioned again today by Tobago police.
More on this as it becomes available.
Source: Looptt http://www.looptt.com//content/toddler-drowns-tobago